Since I got married last year, my wife always wanted us to adopt dog. Finally early this year, we show post about pet adoption drive from Precious Paws Foundation and we decided to visit.
During drive we met Milo, our soon to be dearest dog and significant part of our life. Over a next few weeks we visited him at shelter and get bonded with him. On one of weekend, we decided to bringing home and settled him.
Over a period of time, our bonding with him has always increased. Milo is Indi dog and prefers to eat curd rice and boiled veg – egg. He enjoys walks and views from balcony and car.
My two cents for adopting dog as pet, although I’m not expert in this subject:
– Adopt dog, don’t purchase.
– Keep it simple and don’t prefer one breed over other.
– If you have apartment – flat with 2 or 3 bed room, go for small or mid size dog.
– Go for simple cooked food instant of commercial dog foods.
Some major update, I shifted to Linköping, Sweden earlier this month.
Some of initial observations about Linköping are:
– Perfect public transport
– Even it’s small town, many restaurants and activities to offer (May be it’s still summer !)
– Getting rented apartment is headache.
For me, 2014 was long year. It was very important for my firm, Cycloid System. More detail about same here.
Personally, I learned plenty of new things & met many interesting people in 2014 and would like to continue same in 2015.
Wish you all happp 2015 !
Due to holiday season, execution speed of many externally dependent tasks is reduced !
On side note,
Merry Christmas !
Last month, I attended COMSOL Conference & Grace Hopper Celebration of women in computing representing my firm, Cycloid System. Both conference had lot of knowledge sharing.
Weather is changing this days here in Bangalore, become more dry and cold.
I’m planing to attend Random Hacks of Kindness this weekend.
It’s long time since I post ! Last few months were roller coaster ride.
Last month, I spoke at erocks conference about Use of 3D Printing in Electronics Industry.
I also attended Barcamp Bangalore.
It’s around 5 months since Narendra Modi became PM of India and India it witnessing lot of changes in many domain. Let’s hope that all this changes bring positive outcome.
Friday, 26th April, I made short one day trip to Chennai. I lived in Chennai during second half of 2007 and I also visited multiple times afterwords. But this visit was after more than 2 years.
I travelled more than 60 KM with-in city during whole day and completed some business work.
During evening, I went to see Besant Nagar Beach, which is one of my faviorate beach. Also had awesome idli + karam podi, ghee dosa and jigarthanda (dessert drink) at Murugan Idli Shop.
Also observed that T. Nagar is still over crowded place having every second shop name starting with “Saravana” :D.
I visited Gujarat after one year and found many changes in Gujarat.
– Transportation related infrastructure has improved.
– Sabarmati River Front is partially open and it’s awesome.
– Cities looked more clean (May be wrong but I felt so)
After long time, I had proper visit to VGECG, college where I did my B. E. (Instrumentation and Control).
The college campus is quite happening and big. I completed my B.E. from this college in June, 2004 and since than college campus and it’s infrastructure is changed drastically. In Instrumentation and control department, I found latest Allen Bradly PLC, AC and DC drives with R L C load etc. Also in electronics labs has really nice work bench which I rarely find even in properly set up R & D lab. Each work bench has DSO, Function generator, soldering station and variable DC power supply. Such a nice infrastructure can definitely help enhancing student’s practical skills. Good to see progress of college …
This post after really long time … But anyway better late than never
So in February lot of interesting things happened, some of them worth mentions are:
– Barcamp Bangalore 12 was held on 25th August, 2012. This time also it was good and full of interesting contents.
– During September, Open hardware summit was organized in New York, which shown more interest on open source hardware. Being long term fan of Open Src HW, from my company, Cycloid System I decided to become fan sponsor.
– Last month, Ian from Dangerous Prototype was in Bangalore and he gave really nice presentation about business of open hardware. Besides meeting him and spending few hours with were great learning experience.
– My firm, Cycloid introduced 3D printing service, specially targeted for Indian customers and serve local market. [Update July 2016: I moved out of Cycloid ]
– FOSS.in is back and 2012’s edition end of this month. I’m looking forward to it eagerly.