Spring edition of Barcamp Bangalore was held on 30th April, 2016 at (again) CMRIT Campus. First Barcamp Bangalore was held in 2006 so this Barcamp completed 10 years of Barcamp Bangalore.
Demo from Codeflow and Mapbox were awesome !
Recently I visited Mumbai for couple of days and found value of life at different level. In last one year, I have been in Bangalore, Singapore, Ahmedabad and Mumbai. Here are few observation:
- It’s easy to get decent budget accommodation with breakfast in Singapore than Mumbai !
- Traveling in Mumbai Local train is kind of must to stay in time-line and budget.
- Mumbai’s Bandra Worli Sea Link is quite useful piece of infrastructure but it’s simple 5.6 km long bridge
- With 60 Rs toll
- Two-wheeler, auto & cycle not allowed
- Has narrow entry/exit at Worli side
I’m residing in Bangalore for more than 7 years but first time I spend Diwali time in Bangalore. Few things, I observed:
- Most office had one or max two days off, but plenty of people were on leave.
- At lot of locations, people were firing crackers on street. Few places, apartment residence were also firing cracker on street instant of inside campus.
- Since lot of Bangalorean keep dog as pet, dogs had hard time dealing with firework, which was visible.
Monsoon edition of Barcamp Bangalore was held on 1st November, 2015 at beautiful CMRIT Campus. I missed Summer edition this year as I was out of Bangalore.
I participated in session related to Open Data, Community, IoT, Robotics & 3D Printing. Many other interesting session also happen besides lots of casual interaction. Overall this Barcamp was 18th Barcamp in Bangalore ! Wish we continue to have many more.
This year, Navratri was from 13th to 22nd October, 2015.
Wish you all happy dasera !
Yesterday, India witness another Bharat Bandh ! It is quite sad such ‘bandh’ still happens in India. Direct & indirect impact of such strike are huge, productivity loose, business loose, opportunity loose …
Let’s hope we don’t have to witness such strikes soon.
First Bengaluru Mini Maker Faire is scheduled on 15th October, 2015.
After attending Singapore Maker Faire in July, I’m looking forward to Bengaluru Mini Maker Faire.
Yesterday, we celebrated 69th Independence Day !
Wishes to all !
Yesterday, Singapore completed 50 years of independence.
Congratulations Singapore ! What you have done in 50 years is quite remarkable !
Last month, I was fortunate to visit Singapore and stay for 11 days. I visit more or less each corner of Singapore during my stay, right from Changi Chapel and Museum, East Cost Park, Marina Bay, NUS, NTU, Pioneer and many other places. Some of things I experience during my stay in Singapore are ease of local transport, focus on public (and even private) garden and free culture.
Makerfaire Singapore took place earlier this month. It was my first Makerfair and I was quite excited. It was awesome experience to meet many makers and see their demos.